038: Using Text Messaging To Grow Your Practice
As practitioners and business owners, we often wear two hats at the same time: that of the caregiver, who provides solutions to our patients’ health problems, and that of the CEO, who makes smart business decisions and pays the bills.
More than likely, your ‘practitioner hat’ fits comfortably because you’re passionate about healing, but the ‘CEO hat’ can feel a little uncomfortable. At least that’s how I felt back in my early days!
Once I learned how to make the mental switch and start thinking like a business owner, I was able to quickly see the value of staying in regular communication with my patients. But as technology evolves, the way we communicate with them may need to change. And that’s why I started using text messaging to communicate. It reaches people faster than email, takes less time than playing phone tag, and can convey important information faster than the videos you post on social media.
In today’s episode, I’m going to show you how to implement text messaging in a legal, compliant, and efficient way. You’ll learn how to improve your patient communication, build your opt-in list, and which tools you can use to text your patients without exposing your personal contact information.
- (2:32) Why you should consider using text messaging as part of your practice.
- (6:40) How to protect yourself from HIPAA violations while texting – and what’s changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- (9:30) When you should send texts to patients.
- (13:14) Two separate tools you can use to text patients without using your personal phone number or mobile device.
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”