156: Gut Health, the Magic of Listening and How to Hold Space with Teresa Alasio, MD
I had the absolute pleasure of sitting down for a second time with the incredible Dr. Teresa Alasio, and boy, does she know her stuff. We had the most mind-blowing chat about everything from gut health, how to really listen to your patients, and hold space for them while they are on their journey of healing. You won’t believe the little gold nuggets of wisdom we uncovered! 😳
As we started chatting about the importance of addressing gut health with our patients, our conversation soon diverged into a stream of different topics, each one naturally flowing into the next. We talked about how to guide the patient toward their desired outcome, listen without judgment, and be the one to inspire and encourage as we hold space for their healing to occur.
Just as important is ensuring we maintain healthy boundaries between ourselves and the patients to encourage them to do the important work themselves. It’s all about being there for them, believing in their unique journey, and supporting them every step of the way. 🌟
Can you tell we had a deep and meaningful conversation? 💞
This episode is overflowing with some incredible ah-ha moments that you won’t forget anytime soon. This conversation was like having a heart-to-heart with your bestie while sipping on your favorite beverage. 🍵
So, listen in and enjoy this episode, compliments of the chef. 🌿
I think you’re going to love it.
- (6:57) Why gut health hits close to home for Teresa 🌿
- (12:52) The connection between mental health and your gut microbiome 🧠
- (20:18) What holding space for patients could look like 🗯
- (28:03) How to reframe your patient interactions 🙇
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Connect with Teresa via Instagram or Facebook
- Listen to my first episode with Teresa, Discussing Lichen Sclerosis and Gut Health with Teresa Alasio, MD.
- Share Your “Ah-Ha” with Ronda via Instagram or Email
- Get helpful business strategies sent straight to your inbox. Hop on my list!
- Watch this episode here!
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”