141: Discussing Lichen Sclerosis and Gut Health with Teresa Alasio, MD
Today, we’re covering a topic that’s particularly close to my heart: lichen sclerosis.
Even though it’s quite common, I’m willing to bet that most of you have never even heard of it. 😱
Why? Because lichen sclerosis is severely under-diagnosed and under-reported, leaving women to painfully suffer from this condition without getting the results they need from traditional medicine. 😪😖
💬“But what is lichen sclerosis, and why does it often go untreated?”
Well friend, I have a special guest joining me today – and we are going to tackle these questions and so many more! 💃💃
Dr. Teresa Alasio is a Board-Certified Medical Doctor who practiced pathology for many years before turning to functional medicine, which reinvigorated her passion for helping others. 💫🩺🏥
As the owner of Intentional Self, she focuses specifically on gut health and the mind-body connection which is why Teresa is the perfect person to help us understand the root cause of lichen sclerosis and where to start when it comes to helping our patients. 🗺🌿
So, get ready to take some notes 🖊and listen in to my conversation with Dr. Teresa Alasio as she brings to light more about this debilitating condition and what YOU can do to mitigate the effects of lichen sclerosis! 💪💪
- (9:30) Why lichen sclerosis isn’t talked about. 😓
- (10:15) It’s SHOCKING how often this condition pops up. 📈
- (13:02) The dangers of untreated lichen sclerosis. ❌
- (14:19) Debilitating symptoms you may hear from patients. 💢
- (29:00) What to do if you only have a hunch and no test results. 👀
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”