054: How To Hire The Perfect Web Designer
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that creating a great website isn’t an easy thing to do. There are numerous practitioners who come to me with horror stories about working with crooked web designers, or they’ve tried to DIY it and ended up living their own virtual nightmare. #beentheredonethat
Many years ago, I had a web designer eagerly take my money and then completely vanish on me. Another practitioner I worked with sunk over $10,000 into their website, and after several years, it still wasn’t up and running. There’s plenty of scammers and subpar designers out there that are willing to charge a premium for lousy service, and you won’t know it until it’s too late.
So, if you’ve been procrastinating or feeling overwhelmed about building your website, or maybe your site just needs a makeover, today’s episode is for you! I’m going to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of web design-but I’m also going to share some tips and experiences that will help you hire a top-tier web designer who can deliver what you need without breaking the bank.
- (1:21) Why you may not need a website – but why most practitioners do
- (3:04) How a website designed in 2005 can hurt your credibility in 2021, and what a reasonable price for a well-designed website should be
- (8:47) Why it’s a good idea to find a web designer who works with practitioners in your niche
- (9:37) The questions you should ask your web designer during the hiring process–and immediate red flags that will tell you to walk away
- (15:48) Where you can find Ronda’s list of 10+ questions to ask your web designer – just don’t be the person who asks them all
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”