120: Creating Custom Herbal Blends with Berris Burgoyne
Naturopathic doctor & medical herbalist, Berris Burgoyne, jokes in this podcast that perhaps she was a witch in a past life – and in the spirit of the upcoming holiday, we’ve made a podcast to help YOU brew up your OWN clinical potions! ✨🍵
Berris has been a successful naturopathic doctor in Brisbane, Australia for more than 3 decades, and she credits much of her early (& continued) clinical success to her knowledge of custom herbal blends.
Berris believes that offering custom blends set her apart from other health practitioners and made her practice “sticky.”
Wondering what the heck a “sticky practice” is??
We cover that!
Plus, how to address the most common patient complaints with herbal blends and the advantages of making your own in-house.
And if you’re worried about dosing – don’t despair! Berris goes over easy “1-2-3 blends” and offers some important points of caution you don’t want to miss.
Get ready to be enchanted, friends!
Dare we say this episode is spellbinding?! 😏
- (3:30) How Berris’ experience with postpartum depression led to a career in herbal medicine 👶🏼
- (6:02) What it was like to learn from Kerry Bone, the founder of the world’s most successful herbal brand 🥇
- (9:45) Berris’ favorite herbs and liquid blends 🌿
- (22:05) The advantages of practicing with herbal blends 📝
- (28:04) How to practice safely using herbal blends ⚠️
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- The Essential Guide to Herbal Safety edited by Kerry Bone and Simon Mills
- The Clinical Guide to Blending Liquid Herbs by Kerry Bone
- The Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy by Kerry Bone
- The Ultimate Herbal Compendium by Kerry Bone
- Interested in accessing more resources? Sign up for Clinical Academy
- Watch this episode
- Podcast: 10 *Superstar* Blood Markers + Functional Ranges to Help Serve Your Patients & Grow Your Practice
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”