065: The Power of Having a Clinical Support Network
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “it takes a village” applied to all kinds of situations, whether it’s raising a child, packing up and moving, or even starting your business. Truth be told, it DOES take a village to grow your wellness practice.
Being able to draw on the brilliance of other practitioners has been a saving grace for me throughout my journey as a functional medicine practitioner. Honestly, I feel much more confident knowing I have access to experienced practitioners who can provide insight and suggestions when I get stuck.
But it didn’t start out that way. I didn’t have a community of practitioners to lean on for support. I just had to figure out how to help the people who walked in my door it out by myself. And it was no fun.
Early in my practice, I had my own “aha” moment when I finally figured out how other practitioners were getting their successes even faster. And guess what? They don’t do it alone. The power of a clinical community is soooooo underrated but it is a total game changer when we can tap into the resources of others.
So instead of being the Nancy Drew in your wellness community, I encourage you to find a community you can draw from and also give back to. Growth is a two-way street my friend, and the more you give, the richer the information and deeper conversations become!
- (4:58) My own clinical community origin story.
- (11:47) Real talk – why you can’t (and shouldn’t) know everything.
- (13:00) Why it’s impossible to keep up with all the new research yourself.
- (14:18) How to work with other practitioners to solve a problem and have more fun in the process.
- (15:13) My recommendations for how to maximize your experience inside a clinical community.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”