Market Your Practice During the Holidays Using These 6 Ideas
Even though the holidays can be hectic, chaotic, and a little bit crazy, they represent the end of another chapter of our lives and the beginning of a new one. And that makes it the perfect time to think about how to market your practice to as many people as possible.
But how do you market your practice during the holidays? Without getting too far into the weeds, here are six creative ideas you can implement right away.
1. Shoot Holiday-Themed Videos
I probably don’t have to tell you that soooo many people and platforms are including more and more video in their marketing, especially in the past two years. You may have noticed more emails in your inbox that have videos in them. It’s no secret that people looooove watching videos. (In fact, 54% want to see videos from businesses and brands!)
So, consider shooting a few videos of your own. No fancy equipment is needed – just grab your smartphone, stick it on a tripod, and hit record. Here are some holiday ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- A sneak peek, behind-the-scenes look at your practice. No need for special props or a script. All you have to do is show you and your staff having a blast at your office Christmas party.
- A “thank you” or “year in review” message that hits on the highlights of the past year in your practice and how grateful you are for your patients.
- Show your favorite (or weirdest) holiday tradition so your patients can see your fun, unique human side.
What’s great about videos is that they don’t have to be long in order to be effective! A couple of minutes or less is plenty.
2. Host a Holiday-Inspired Live
If you’re looking for fresh ways to bump up your Facebook or Instagram Lives, consider theming them around the holidays. For example…
- If you’re a nutritionist, host a Live and talk about healthy holiday foods and snacks, how to make traditional holiday classics a little more healthy, tips on traveling safely, and so on.
- If you’re a health coach or mindset coach, talk about your favorite ways to manage holiday stress and add a few creative ways to get outside during the cooler winter months.
- If you’re an acupuncturist or EFT practitioner, show your viewers simple ways to use tapping techniques to reduce holiday anxiety.
The ideas are limitless! Not only does this show your followers that you’re a real person who wants to help but you genuinely ‘get them’ and can help them navigate whatever health challenges they are facing.
3. Post a Holiday Social Media Competition or Contest
What’s more fun than a lighthearted, end-of-year contest with your patients? Instead of holding a plain old raffle where they just enter their name and hope to win, get creative! Look for ways you can tailor your contest to reinforce the type of practitioner you are. For example, host a contest where your followers…
- Post photos of good posture habits with a holiday twist. (Great for chiropractors!)
- Submit photos of their Thanksgiving dinner plate to show they’re eating their veggies. (Perfect for nutritionists!)
- Tag you in photos of them and their loved ones doing their favorite yoga pose in their Christmas pajamas. (Sooo fun for yoga instructors or health coaches!)
Then, have your staff vote on their favorite entry and gift the winner with a service or small gift you know they’d love.
Contests can be such a fun, unique way to stay top of mind with your viewers AND encourage them to be mindful of their health. Plus, it can also bring in some new faces who may want to learn more about what you do.
4. Ask Your Readers to Share Their New Year’s Resolutions
With the new year comes renewed commitments to live better, healthier lives. And what better way to solidify those resolutions than to share them publicly! Encourage your readers to drop a comment on a social post or reply to an email with their top goals for the next year.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to share yours!
5. Spice up Your Emails and Blogs With Some Holiday Fun
Just like with your Lives, contests, and social posts, you can easily include some holiday fun in your content marketing. Blogs and emails allow you to go into greater detail than you could on a social post – making them the perfect place to lean into the holiday spirit.
Need some thought starters? Here are a few popular blog ideas to get you going:
- Fun and healthy ways to celebrate the first day of winter
- A holiday gift guide related to your area of expertise
- 12 days of tips, products, or healthy traditions using the 12 Days of Christmas as inspiration
And because emails are SUCH a powerful and effective way to market your practice, here are some tips to make your emails even more impactful:
- Share personal insights or holiday stories from you or your staff (and include photos!)
- Remind your patients of special holiday hours or services
- Share how to make your favorite healthy holiday treat
6. Send Your Patients a Handwritten Card
One way to go that extra mile is to send your patients a handwritten card expressing your gratitude. Now, you can absolutely send them a digital card but you can make it extra special by sending an old-school holiday card with an actual stamp on it. Yes! Go that extra mile and stick that baby in the mail!
Market Your Practice This Holiday Season
The holidays aren’t just about pumpkin spice lattes or driving around admiring Christmas lights (although neither of them are bad). They’re a perfect time to step outside your comfort zone and add a few new marketing strategies to your toolbelt.
So, grab that cup of steaming coffee and get busy! You’ve got some marketing to do!