Would you rather do just about anything than figure out how to market your practice or health coaching business? My friend, I feel your pain.
You know you need to get your name out there, but how do you even begin? And on top of that, there seems to be another clinic just like yours popping up practically every week!
How can you be the brightest light in a sea of sameness?
I’d like to first encourage you with something I tell every practitioner I work with – “There’s plenty of room in the sandbox for all of us.” So if you want to stand out from the rest so you can grow your practice, get more patients, and show your community how you’re the “go-to” chiropractor, acupuncturist or health coach for them, here are four ways you can do just that!
1. Grow Your Practice With a Strong Online Presence
If you want to stand out as a stellar practitioner, you have to meet new people – in real life and online. And in this day and age, both are neck and neck in terms of importance. So, first, let’s focus on the digital side, specifically your social presence.
Social media is a free way to get in front of new faces. And guess what? These new faces could very easily turn into new patients! So, make sure you spend some time serving your digital audience. You can do this in two main ways:
- Consistently post. This doesn’t mean you have to promote your services in every post. In fact, you should NOT be highlighting the services you provide every single time you show up. I typically recommend the 80/20 rule – provide some kind of valuable information 80% of the time and talk about what you do only 20%.
- Regularly go Live. People are eager to see your face and get to know you. One of the best ways you can do this is by going Live. If you’re ready to rock your Lives but feel a little nervous about it, check out these tips on how to be confident on camera.
Showing up consistently and comfortably on social media takes a little practice, but you can totally do it! Trust me. I’ve worked with hundreds of practitioners, many of whom were super hesitant, and now they’re consistently knocking their social media goals out of the park.
2. Host Free Workshops or Events
Whether you’re targeting a local audience or trying to build your digital presence, offering free educational events can give your practice the growth spurt you’re looking for. It’s also a great way to get your name out to the community in a positive way. Here’s a bit more on that:
As a chiropractor or acupuncturist, you’ve got a hands-on modality so you would want to target a local audience. Hosting in-person events is a powerful way to serve your community and establish yourself as the go-to wellness expert. Consider having an event at your office or hosting an “open house” where people can check you out without committing to an appointment.
If you want to get out of your office, having a booth at a local health fair or street fair are fun ways to mix and mingle with your community. Check out your local Chamber of Commerce if you’re interested in finding those opportunities!
Taking your event online provides rich opportunities for both local practices (like chiropractors) and those who are more location-independent (such as health coaches). Try hosting a Facebook Challenge, a 30-minute webinar, or creating a short email video series.
That leaves us with the golden question – What should your event be about?
One of the best places to start is with the questions or concerns you commonly hear from your patients. Chances are if it’s on their minds, it’s on other peoples’ minds. Topics could include:
- How to beat sugar cravings
- Foods that help detoxify your liver
- Stretches that help with headaches
- Power foods for pregnant moms
You could also address topics around certain seasons, like holiday stress, springtime allergies, or back-to-school prep.
3. Nurture Your Email List Consistently
Think about a houseplant. When you’re taking care of it, it’s healthy and full of beautiful life. But what happens when you start neglecting it? It withers and wilts and the leaves start to die off…right?
The same goes for your email list. You want to regularly feed rich content to your email list. When you do this, your readers stay engaged and you stay at the top of their minds. The key here is emailing them consistently.
Over the past few years, I’ve noticed that clinicians often get hung up on sending emails because they think they have to create long, detail-rich content. My friend, I’m here to take that pressure off your shoulders! The truth is – you do NOT need to send snooze-worthy, long drawn-out emails.
Here are some examples of emails you can send that are short, sweet, and to the point:
- Offer 1-2 health tips on good posture, quick stretches, or easy meal-prep
- Spotlight an event you’re hosting, like a Facebook Challenge, webinar, or free workshop
- Announce your latest must-read blog on 7 Shocking Truths About ‘Natural Sweeteners’ or 3 Healthy-Eating Myths You’ve Always Thought Were True
The goal is to stay in touch with your email list and offer amazing value to them on a regular schedule.
4. Strengthen Your Reputation
Every interaction in your community and with your patients is an opportunity to build on your reputation. And each of the ideas we’ve covered will help you do just that. Here are a couple of other final tips to round it out:
- Address negative feedback. I know it’s not fun or comfortable having to read comments from unhappy patients. But the feedback may help you spot a potential gap in your service. Keep a close eye on all the different places you can get reviews (Google, your social media, etc.). If you see a negative review, respond to it thoughtfully and gracefully.
- Encourage positive reviews. Have a patient who’s happy as a clam? Ask them to leave a raving review and rating online! Or ask them to write out a few sentences that you can post on your website.
Always keep on the look-out for ways to build and strengthen your reputation – both on and off-line.
Let’s Grow Your Practice Together!
Providing outstanding patient care is a crucial part of growing your practice.
But it can’t stop there.
You also need to actively market your chiropractic practice or health coaching business. The above ideas are just some of the many ways you can do that.
If you’d like to talk about specific ways YOU can market your practice, I’d love to help. Whether it’s through small group coaching or through my online community, I focus specifically on helping practitioners unlock their potential and build thriving practices they LOVE. I’d love to learn more about you and see if I can help you do the same and grow your practice. Head here to sign-up for a free 15-minute chat.
I can’t wait to hear from you!