142: Why Your Thyroid Protocol May Not Be Working: Looking at Iodine Through a Different Lens
As a functional wellness practitioner, you know how important the thyroid gland is to ensure optimal health and well-being. But what happens when your thyroid protocol isn’t working and you can’t figure out why? 😨
In this episode, you’ll get a crash course on thyroid physiology to better understand the science behind how the thyroid gland works and how to troubleshoot when you’ve exhausted all your options. We’ll get back to the basics and explore the role of whole-food nutrients and why you should stay far far away from synthetic supplements. ❌
You’ll also learn more about the essential role of the sodium/iodine symporter, and how correcting this often-overlooked aspect of thyroid function can help your patients start feeling better in no time. 🙌🎯
Whether you’re new to Functional Medicine or you’re a long-time veteran, this episode will deepen your understanding of thyroid physiology and how you can improve your thyroid protocols for even better clinical outcomes. 📈😀
Learn why it’s essential to consider the possibility of a malfunctioning sodium/iodine symporter if your thyroid protocol isn’t working as it should..
- (4:25) How thyroid hormones are made. 🛠
- (6:16) The anatomy of a thyroid cell, aka thyrocyte. 🗺
- (10:06) Let’s recap each thyroid hormone player. 🎲
- (11:08) The belief about iodine that I don’t agree with… 🙊
- (17:33) Something to remember for your thyroid protocols!! 🤞
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Click the section below to get the 9 Blood Markers I always order for Thyroid Patients
- DM the word “LEARN” to me on Facebook or Instagram to check out Clinical Academy!
- Get helpful business strategies sent straight to your inbox. Hop on my list!
- Watch this episode here!
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”