076: Three Easy Steps to Prepare for the New Year
Do you remember the excitement you felt at the beginning of a new school year? The anticipation for me began when I got to pick out my new backpack, a themed aluminum lunch pail (definitely dating myself…), and get loaded up with pencils, lined paper, and binders. For me, the preparation was half the fun.
Now, many years later, I still get those same butterflies right around the start of a New Year, but for a different reason. It’s an opportunity to do something new – to embark on a brand new journey that impacts every aspect of my life. So, the magic that preceded my childhood school years has now become the magic that precedes each New Year.
In this week’s podcast, I thought I’d show you how I close out the year with a simple three-step system I’ve been using for many years. It’s deceivingly easy to do with a pen, a notebook, and a few hours to reflect on the closing year.
I’ll show you how to identify the things you’ve done incredibly well (yes, there are plenty of them) and help you navigate the areas you want to continue to improve. Then, I’ll help you set up your calendar for 2022 and give you a list of allllll the things to consider, from staff birthdays to vacations and even content planning.
But before you hit the overwhelm button, stick with me. If planning and preparation are two words that give you hives, I’m right here to help you through it. A prepared business is a successful business, and a New Year is the perfect opportunity to make that happen!
- (2:50) The first step when planning for the New Year.
- (6:30) Finding opportunities to improve in the upcoming year
- (9:00) Just say no to tolerations! (What are tolerations anyway?)
- (15:08) The final puzzle piece for prepping for the New Year (it’s my favorite part!).
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”