136: Here’s the Problem with Functional Medicine
Boy oh boy, do I have an episode for you!
I was a little nervous to record this one, and I may even lose some followers over it. But that’s OKAY. I’ve always been one to share my honest opinions & tell it how it is. And if you disagree with me, that’s perfectly okay. There’s always room for differing opinions in this community! 🙌
But, here’s the deal…
The functional medicine community needs a wake-up call. Too many practitioners are falling into the trap of thinking about it like western medicine, over-prescribing, and losing trust in the human body’s ability to heal without needing expensive interventions.
There’s a ton to unpack here, but these are the tough conversations that allow us to hold one another accountable & grow as clinicians.
And before I scare you off… I’m not saying you should abandon Functional Medicine altogether…. I’m merely offering some food for thought that might help us get refocused and move back toward our roots as a wellness community where the western medical model is secondary. Just sayin…
So, if you’re up for a unique conversation, press “play” and, let’s get to it! 🔥
- (2:02) My REAL Problem With Functional Medicine 😮
- (7:15) Functional Medicine Should Focus on THIS 🎯
- (11:18) The Ultimate GOAL for Every Practitioner 💯
- (14:42) My Thoughts On Functional Lab Testing 💊
- (16:11) Assess These Things FIRST 🧘
- (22:14) Find YOUR Sweet Spot in Functional Medicine 🍭
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Order high-quality, whole food-based nutritional supplements from Standard Process!
- Explore herbal therapy with MediHerb!
- Send me a DM with your functional medicine opinion via Instagram and Facebook! Find me at @drrondanelson
- Join the community for tips & strategies to grow a highly profitable wellness practice!
- Watch this episode here!
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”