002: How a Crisis Helped Me Find My Superpower
We all have stories running around in our heads stopping us from taking the plunge and starting the businesses of our dreams. We may believe that we don’t know enough about accounting, or how to hire people, or how we’ll get enough great patients to have the success and live the life we’ve always wanted.
Before I became a clinician, I worked in small business accounting. However, when my daughter was diagnosed with terminal bone cancer, I discovered my superpower. This experience would lead me back to school, and ultimately to opening my clinic in 2004. In the years to come, I’d build a successful practice, but I made a number of mistakes along the way.
In today’s episode of the podcast, I’m sharing the story of how I launched my business, the challenges I faced, and the common concerns I hear from aspiring clinicians. If you’re looking to start a business of your own, I hope my journey can provide you with wisdom and guidance to help you achieve success on your terms.
- How my family’s journey around health and nutrition ultimately led me to launch my practice.
- Why you should not pursue any business opportunity that you’re not absolutely passionate about – and how trying to enter the world of aesthetics put me in nearly $500,000 of debt.
- How clinicians can grow a thriving, scalable practice while staying in their lane.
Shareable“Whatever people have said, or whatever you believe about yourself, none of that has to be true if you say it's not true.” – Dr. Ronda Nelson Click To Tweet
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”