132: How a Controversial Decision to Niche Down Led to a Thriving Practice with Ashley Houchin
Today we’re diving into one of my all-time favorite topics → how to leverage the power of a niche to grow a thriving practice. 💃
Our guest, Ashley Houchin, is the owner of Arukah Wellness and has been a Certified Massage Therapist since 2013. But during the COVID pandemic, she decided to make a bold, controversial business decision and set some boundaries about who she was willing to see.🔥
Despite a huge amount of fear and societal pressure, Ashley listened to her heart and stayed true to what was important to her. And it turned out to be better than she could have ever expected!
Not only is she a skilled massage therapist… she’s also a:
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist
- Gillespie Approach Infant Practitioner, and
- Birth Doula
That’s a whole lotta things, right??
But here’s the best part… she’s wrapped all these amazing talents & skills into a highly-profitable wellness niche that has created buzz in her community + led to a booked-out wellness practice. 💸 🔥
Ashely went from charging $45/hr to having a waitlist that stretches for months, and a team of wellness practitioners with a shared mission. A large part of her success can be attributed to pushing past her fear, making a bold (controversial) move during the COVID pandemic & creating a name for herself.
And I’m telling you friend… it all has to do with niching down.
This episode is for you if:
🌱 You want to attract “your people”.
🌱 You want to stand out from other health practitioners.
🌱 You want to make marketing easier.
🌱 You’re ready to stop playing small.
🌱 You’re feeling scared to niche down.
☕️ So, grab your favorite warm beverage & get inspired to make your own bold moves. And be sure you listen to the end for a special surprise about Ashley. ✨
- (5:15) Navigating Competition 👀
- (10:45) The ANGST of Deciding On a Niche 😨
- (11:44) A Pregnant Mom’s Bold, Controversial Decision 💪
- (13:00) The Unexpected Outcome 🤯
- (14:10) Why You Need To Take A STAND 🎙️
- (19:13) How Niching Down Creates ENERGY ☀️
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Check Out Ashley’s services at Arukah Wellness!
- Listen to Podcast 118: Follow Your Intuition, Find Your Flow With Dr. Neel Bulchandani
- Leave a comment for Ashley!
- Learn more about Clinical Academy
- Join the community for tips & strategies to grow a highly profitable wellness practice!
- Watch this episode.
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”