048: Are You a Clinician or a CEO?
Whether we like it or not, most of us are business owners–and there’s a huge difference between working in your business as a clinician versus working as a CEO. I know you’ve heard me talk about this before, but I also know there’s a lot of people out there that struggle with this juggling act and I have some information that I just need to share because I’ve been there before and I want to help!
As business owners, we pay taxes, hire people, make marketing and advertising decisions, and run offices. As clinicians, we see our patients, evaluate what’s wrong, and make recommendations to ensure the best possible health outcomes. These are two separate hats, and if you own a business, the bucks stops with you because you’re the CEO.
Today, I want you to understand the difference between being a clinician and being a CEO, help you transform your practice, and become the business leader you’ve always aspired to be–and give you the power and confidence to make more effective decisions than ever before.
- (2:12) The difference between the clinician and the CEO hats–and why you don’t want to be wearing the clinician hat when you make major business decisions.
- (6:30) Why you shouldn’t be thinking like a clinician when you hire new talent and why your guidance and direction is vital for your business to thrive.
- (17:14) The simple action steps to move your business forward right now.
- (19:20) How running your business like a boss will increase productivity, profit, and satisfaction.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”