077: Are You Being Authentic?
If someone were to ask you if you were being authentic in a certain situation, it would probably catch you off guard. Why would they be asking? What made them question your authenticity? Was it something you said or maybe the tone of your voice?
My guess is that the question might offend you a bit. Of course you want to be authentic! Why wouldn’t you, right? But far too often, our words, actions, and body language don’t line up with who we really want to be. We are incongruent. It’s like having your face try to cover up a lie – and getting caught!
We’re all guilty of playing the inauthenticity game – myself included. But once we identify the areas where we’re not allowing our unique personality and beliefs to shine through, we can begin interacting with life – and others – much differently.
In today’s episode, I’m pulling back the curtain on what it means to be authentic. And why I’m going into 2022 with a commitment to show up authentically, live in the present moment, and foster gratitude far more than I have in the past.
It takes a lot of courage to show up as your true self. Will you be courageous with me? Let’s get re-acquainted with what’s most important and make it our most authentic year yet!
- (2:20) What happens we don’t follow our hearts.
- (4:07) How we define authenticity.
- (6:39) Qualities of an authentic person.
- (10:03) Brene Brown weighs in on being authentic (you don’t want to miss this!)
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”