5 Ways Business Coaching & Accountability Can Transform Your Wellness Practice
Someone asked me a question last week, and it’s one I get asked allll the time.
Here’s what they asked:
“What is your best piece of advice for health practitioners?”
My answer was two-fold, and it came fast, without hesitation:
- 💥 Find a Great Business Coach
- 💥 Choose a Niche
Boom & Boom.
Now, you don’t have to do them in that order, although if you haven’t decided on a niche yet, a business coach can certainly help with that! Or you can head over here where I dive into all things related to choosing a niche.
But today, I want to focus on the incredible value of business coaching, and how it can help you see the blind spots, make focused and FAST progress, and finally build the practice of your dreams.
Why Business Coaching Matters
I don’t know what it is about us humans, but we tend to think we can do it all, without any help. Not only is this mindset just plain wrong, but it also makes for a terrible business strategy.
And… I speak from personal experience over here. 🙋♀️
I won’t get into the full story, but suffice it to say that in my early days, there was a time I found myself loading $250K worth of medical equipment (in the middle of the night) into a U-Haul after realizing my new shiny business venture hadn’t exactly panned out. 😳
If only “Modern Day Ronda” had been there to give “Baby Ronda” advice. 😂
So, why am I telling you this story??
Because if I had been working with a good business coach, I wouldn’t have found myself loading that U-Haul in the pitch dark. But more than that, business coaching is one of the fastest ways to help you get out of your own way so you can finally take decisive action towards building the life and business you’ve always wanted.
With more time, more money & more impact. 🚀
So today I’m sharing 5 reasons you should consider hiring a business coach to grow your wellness practice.
5 Major Benefits of Business Coaching
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
Here are five things hiring a good business coach can do for your wellness practice:
1. Help You Make Smarter Decisions
If there’s one thing I know about being a business owner, it’s that there are tons of decisions to be made. Some are big, some are small, but they all take up mental space (+ time):
- Should I renew the office lease, and for how long?
- Which email service provider should I choose?
- Should I hire someone to help with social media?
- Should I niche down into women’s health & fertility?
- Should I be running paid ads?
- How do I make sure my website is SEO friendly?
What business owner hasn’t said to themselves:
“I wish someone would just tell me/show me what to do, and I’ll do it!” 🙋♀️
Now… a business coach isn’t necessarily going to “tell you what to do”.
Butttt they can help guide you toward making the right decisions.
Having someone who’s walked in your shoes before helps you side-step the potholes and make faster, smarter business decisions – hands down.
2. Provide Unbiased Input
Speaking of decisions…
Even if you were the most decisive person in the world, the truth is, as business owners, we are often too close to the work to remain objective.
In other words, we’re emotionally invested and can’t see the forest for the trees!
Which makes it hard to do things like:
- Walk away from something we’ve poured our time + energy into
- Close that second location after years of working there
- Turn down a *perfect* business opportunity with another colleague
And so many other things!
Having a business coach who can provide you with objective unbiased feedback about your business is invaluable. A good coach can look at the financial health of your practice, and help you make hard decisions in order to accomplish your end goals.
This alone is worth its weight in gold because it saves you hours of agonizing over tough decisions, and keeps you laser-focused on building the practice of your dreams. ✨
3. Save You From Your Own B.S.
OK, this one is big!
But, what do I mean by “your own B.S.”?
- Those bad habits you’ve let slide for years
- That negative self-talk smothering your productivity
- Those excuses you keep giving yourself for not following through
- Those Netflix binges that keep taking priority over what really matters
We all have some of our own B.S., whether we like it or not.
Hiring a business coach helps keep you stay accountable to YOU. It helps you break the cycle of excuses and bad habits so you can finally take consistent action toward your big goals.
4. Open Your Mind to New Ideas & Habits
This one holds true no matter what stage you’re at in your business, but is perhaps most relevant if you’ve been in business for a long time.
We’re all guilty of becoming set in our ways and shutting the door on new ways of thinking and doing business. 🙋♀️ Plus, we may not even be aware that there are new ideas/tools/strategies to consider in the first place.
Hiring a business coach helps you see things in a new light, keeping your business FRESH + FLOWING. 🌱
5. Help You Make More Money
It goes without saying that as health professionals, we love to help other people.
But that doesn’t mean we should neglect our own BIG dreams, and those usually require… you guessed it → MONEY.
Money can be an uncomfortable topic, especially in the health + wellness space, where there can be this outdated idea that we should be living in servitude while pushing aside our own needs.
Well, not in my world.
I believe you can have a thriving practice AND live an abundant life. But figuring out which business model & financial decisions are going to provide you with that abundance isn’t always obvious.
Hiring a business coach helps you:
- Get serious about your revenue goals
- Map out the best strategies to meet those revenue goals
- Explore new revenue streams (e.g. online courses)
- Make smarter business investments
- Evaluate your business expenses
How’s that for some solid reasons to hire a business coach?
Butttt, I know some of you like to dip your toes in before heading to the diving board.
Alternatives to Traditional Business Coaching
If you’re looking for an economical way to get started, group coaching programs may be the perfect place to start.
Group coaching programs allow you to:
- Have accountability & support at a lower price
- Connect with other practitioners who are in the same boat
- Conquer one thing at a time until you’ve got it mastered
- Access valuable training & resources
- Augment any 1:1 coaching sessions
Sounds pretty good right?
If so, I have just the thing for you! 😉
Fast Track Your Wellness Practice.
I created Clinical Business Academy (CBA) to give health practitioners (just like you!) a way to get the business support & accountability they need to launch, grow & scale their wellness practices. 🔥🔥
Here’s what you can expect when you sign-up for CBA:
- Learn how to build your business with clear action steps
- Join a motivated community of practitioners to keep you accountable
- Make decisive progress in your practice with less than 1 hour/week
- Fall in love with your business again + make the income you deserve
- Generate a steady stream of your ideal patients
What other practitioners are saying:
“Having someone to tell me what to do, show me how to do it, and then hold me accountable has been a game-changer in my clinical practice.” – Janet M., D.C., LAc,
Do yourself a favor, and STOP trying to do it all yourself, friend!
I’d love to have you!