009: Using Blood Labs to Grow Your Practice with Virginia Irby
Without education, you can’t expect to position yourself for success. This is especially true when it comes to lab work – a field where so many patients take their results to Google, misinterpret their data, and fail to shape the trajectory of their health in a productive and positive way. When patients can’t make sense of their results, they overreact, adopt unsafe practices, and rarely set themselves up for good long-term outcomes.
However, as healthcare providers, we can give our patients the power to deeply understand what lab results really mean – and use this skill to grow our businesses.
Dr. Virginia Irby has been doing just that for the last 13 years. Her practice is focused on nutrition, and she has a remarkable gift for helping her patients understand their labs better than their primary care providers. Today, she joins the podcast to walk me through how she uses a free lab consultation to bring new patients into her practice with a 100% conversion rate, the role labs play in follow up appointments and progress tracking, and why her proven methodology keeps patients coming back.
- How to provide massive amounts of value and win patients during a complimentary, 15-minute assessment of their lab results.
- Why so-called “acceptable ranges” are so flexible – and how to help educate patients about this.
- How blood labs can be incorporated effectively into virtually any practice.
- Why Virginia spends lots of time in her consults, either virtually or in-person, making drawings to simplify complicated concepts.
- Why Virginia is not big on testing, why she almost always knows the answer before she orders a lab test, and her protocol for testing based on patient age.
ShareableIt's so much less expensive for you to stay healthy than it is to get healthy. – Dr. Virginia Irby Click To Tweet
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”