087: “It’s Not What You Do, It’s How You Make Them Feel” with Cardiac Surgeon, Dr. Ashok V
Making small talk on planes is typically not my style. I love to recline my seat a little bit, pop in my headphones, and get some work done or dive into my current read. 📚
I’ve flown from California to Seattle a dozen times, but my most recent flight ended up turning into a rather serendipitous meeting after striking up a conversation with my seatmate. ✈️
I’ll leave the story for him to tell, but after a few moments into the flight, Cardiac Surgeon, Dr. Ashok Venkataraman (or Dr. V for short), and I talked non-stop the entire way back to Seattle. 😂 And we covered a TON of subjects – from holistic medicine, mental, spiritual, and physical health, and how to build unbreakable bonds with your patients.
It was pretty incredible.
One thing that I admired the most about Dr. V was his passion for creating a great patient experience. He works hard to make every patient under his care feel like the most important person in the room, even in the life-or-death situations he regularly faces as a cardiothoracic surgeon. 👨⚕️
There are plenty of gold nuggets (and a new friendship) all bundled up inside this episode so click that play button and let’s get to it!
- (3:00) My chance encounter with Dr. V
- (7:15) Why he decided to become a cardiac surgeon.
- (10:45) How small actions can make a big impact for your overall patient experience.
- (17:20) The thing we often forget and shouldn’t.
- (21:45) It’s time to stop and smell the roses.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Dr. V on Instagram
Connect with Dr. V on Facebook
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”