059: 5 Ways to Reset Your Protocol When Nothing is Working
We’ve alllllll been there. That moment when you realized that your patient is not seeing any progress despite you pouring everything you have into helping them get better. It can be so frustrating when they’re slow to get results and start getting antsy. You might switch their protocol to Plan B, but that doesn’t make a dent either.
It can feel like you’re throwing darts at a dartboard after being spun around a few times – like you have no idea where to aim anymore.
If this sounds like you, listen up, my friend. Today, I’m talking through the strategies I’ve used over the years when I get stuck. I’ll give you my best insights about how to do a protocol reboot and begin looking at the patient with a fresh set of eyes when everything you’ve tried hasn’t worked.
These simple yet powerful hacks will help you find the nuances that may have been overlooked initially and can have a dramatic impact on the type of recommendations you make.
With nearly 20 years of clinical experience (and many nights spent racking my brain about what to do with my hard patients), I’ve seen it all. So if you’ve ever had a challenging patient, this episode is one you won’t want to miss! Grab your pen and paper and get ready to take some notes!
- (5:00) How to clearly communicate expectations to your patient.
- (8:20) The downhill slide that happens when the patient has self-limiting beliefs.
- (9:18) The 5 key reasons your patient might not be getting better.
- (10:46) The importance of keeping your intake forms up to date.
- (13:00) What I do when I run into a brick wall and need a fresh set of eyes for a hard case.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”