033: Creating A Map for Your Patient’s Journey
As we all know, when a new patient comes in to see you for the first time, they’re at Point A. And as a practitioner, you know it’s your job to get them to Point B – which is the place where they feel better. But, if you don’t have a step-by-step plan, there’s a good chance that your patient will feel overwhelmed, and it’s going to be that much harder to build that connection and help them feel better.
Think about it this way: imagine that your patient is Dorothy in Oz. If you can give them a Yellow Brick Road to follow, they’re eventually going to get where they want to be. And even though there may be a few bumps in the road along the way, by mapping out a general plan for their journey, you will help them feel much more confident during the process.
Today’s episode is all about learning how to give your patients a holistic, step-by-step plan for success so they can track their progress with a Patient Journey Map that you’ve created specifically for them.
- (1:27) Why it’s so easy to totally overwhelm a patient on the first visit, especially if they’re very sick or have multiple issues.
- (6:07) How to create a Patient Journey Map for your patients – and why this step-by-step action plan is a game-changer
- (12:13) How to personalize the journey for each of your patients to preemptively answer their most pressing questions.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Join the Clinical Academy Waitlist!
- Want more practice growth tips and strategies? Click here to join!
- Have questions? Shoot Ronda a text and get a personal response!
Shareable“Our patients are our customers. They are coming to us asking for a service, but one of the traps is that we don't give them a map or journey that lets them know how we're going to complete the transaction” - Ronda Nelson Click To Tweet
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”