070: How to Write the Perfect Job Description and Attract the Right People
Most job descriptions are pretty basic. They list the essential skills needed for the position, the rate of pay, and how to apply for the job. But if you’re looking for someone who will be a PERFECT fit, then writing the perfect job description may require a bit more thought.
In addition to providing details about the position itself, a compelling job description should also include why you’re so passionate about what you do and information about your office ‘vibe’ or culture. Because if you hire someone that has all the right skills but doesn’t align with your vision and isn’t a good fit with your culture, it’s only a matter of time before they leave (or you let them go). And that’s never a good outcome!
In today’s podcast episode, we’ll dig deep into the 6 key components of a perfect job description. Once you have them written down, they will help you naturally weed out the applicants that aren’t a great fit, and quickly spot the ones who are.
Having the right people to work alongside you in your practice is absolutely essential. When your staff members are passionate about your vision and fit PERFECTLY in your office culture, every day becomes magical.
- (5:05) What’s the vibe of your practice?
- (7:20) Why your culture should be driving your job posting.
- (9:45) Identify your culture by establishing your core values.
- (12:30) The six key components of a perfect job description
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Event with Blake Fly this Sunday night (11/14), starts at 5pm PST/8pm EST
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”