028: How One Practitioner Tripled Her Business By Finding Her Niche with Karen Cross
When a patient has a specific problem or health challenge, they’re looking for someone who has the precise skills and knowledge to help them solve it. And let’s be honest, being a ‘jack of all trades’ type of practitioner is exhausting.
Here’s the deal – finding ‘that thing’ you want to do exceptionally well gives you the ability to work with people who are super motivated for specialized care and are willing to pay you for what you know. And great patients don’t go away – they drive referrals by word of mouth advertising!
On today’s podcast, I’ll be speaking with my friend, Karen Cross, a well-respected thyroid and Hashimoto’s specialist. When she realized there was a huge need for thyroid help in her community, she dove straight in and her practice took off like a rocket!
She’s sharing her extraordinary story of how she became a specialist, how she creates opportunities for herself and her ideal patients, and the value of niching down into in a field you love.
Listen in and learn how Karen tripled her business AND decreased her hours at the same time.
- (1:36) How constantly being given thyroid patients in a conventional clinic helped Karen discover natural medicine, find her specialty, and build a thriving solo practice.
- (6:05) Why the life of a specialist is everything but boring.
- (7:25) How Karen turns down prospective patients without hurting their feelings – and creates opportunities for other practitioners who might be a better fit as she does so.
- (11:22) What you can do to provide specialist education through group classes and online lessons.
Shareable“The riches are in the niches.” - Karen Cross Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”