081: How to Effectively Engage with Different Personality Types with Merrick Rosenberg
I’m sure all of us at some point have done a deep dive into what our personality type is. Some are deeply committed to their results (hello enneagram friends!) while others can’t remember what they are or don’t even care.
Despite the myriad of options for determining your ultimate personality, it starts to become an alphabet soup situation. But fortunately, today’s guest has a super-simple solution. Instead of complex alpha-numeric combinations, he merely swapped out naming conventions with…… a few fun and engaging birds! 🦜🕊🦅🦉
My friend, Merrick Rosenberg, has been in the personality naming game since the early 90s. His birds have found their home in more than half of the Fortune 100 companies in the US and around the world. Pretty sure he’s an official personality guru 🧘
As a practitioner, knowing how to effectively communicate with your patients or clients is essential for building solid, trusting relationships. And that’s what we’re talking about on today’s podcast.
As we learn how to adjust our own natural bird-like personality to the style of our patients, the conversations will inevitably be more productive and the patient will feel heard, seen and valued.
So, stay tuned as our new friend Merrick drops some serious intel about the four personality types and how you can incorporate it in your business and personal life for better relationships and effortless communication.
- (4:19) A bird’s eye view of each personality style.
- (9:10) Adapt your communication style to your patient’s personality.
- (12:30) How to quickly identify someone’s personality type.
- (15:45) Why you should not be “you” in your practice.
- (18:00) Use the four birds in your marketing.
- (23:33) Navigating difficult patient conversations.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”