031: How Two Practitioners Transformed Their Practices
It doesn’t take much effort to create a dramatic shift in your practice. The trick is to start with just a few simple changes and continue building on them, one step at a time. Very soon, you’ll see improvement in your bottom line as more and more new patients are walking through the door.
And that’s exactly what happened to two practitioners, Dr. Tera Pfarr and Dr. Jeni St. Onge, both of whom were part of my Business Coaching Collaborative. Tera was able to streamline her practice, take control of her finances by bringing on someone to help, and was finally able to step into her role as the leader and CEO of her business. In the process, she was able to become the clinician she always wanted to be.
After my conversation with Tera, you’ll meet my friend Jeni. Truth be told, Jeni was all over the place when we first started working together. But once we figured out exactly who she wanted to serve, the breakthroughs in her practice were remarkable! During our conversation, you’ll hear her advice about charging what you’re worth, why internal systems are sooooo important, and why she considers the non-negotiable items in her practice – non-negotiable!
- (4:12) Why simplifying her practice, eliminating stress, and getting organized moved the needle so significantly for Tera.
- (6:32) The value in streamlining and organizing the financial systems of your practice.
- (9:00) What happens when you decide to actually run YOUR business – and not the other way around.
- (10:24) The importance of going through the entire patient experience…. from your patient’s viewpoint.
- (15:43) Why your fees have to match the service you provide.
- (19:31) How to create systems that work for you and your practice.
- (21:16) The value of using non-negotiables to respectfully turn down patients who aren’t a good fit.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Check out the Business Coaching Collaborative
- Send me a text message!
- Connect with Dr. Tera Pfarr on Facebook, Instagram, or visit her website.
- Connect with Dr. Jeni St. Onge on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn or visit her website.
Shareables“Those little things and those little emotional triggers that a patient has when they first walk in the door, what they smell, what they see, how they feel, it sets off their whole visit with you.” - Dr. Tera Pfarr Click To Tweet “You can only solve the problems at the level you're at.” - Dr. Jeni St. Onge Click To Tweet
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”