035: How Do People Describe What You Do?
As alternative healthcare practitioners, we get asked all the time about ‘what we do.’ But when we say something like, “I help people get better by using herbs and nutritional supplements,” we’re not really saying anything about who we are, who we serve, or what we actually do!
So, with that in mind, here are few questions you may want to consider: What do people in your community say about you? How would they describe what you really do? How can you command the narrative about what you do? How would you articulate it clearly and authentically?
Well my friend, that’s exactly what we’re talking about in this podcast: How to simplify and clarify your message so your patients can become your best form of advertising. I’m sharing some simple exercises you can do right now to better understand how your ideal patients perceive you – and why they do (or don’t) refer more patients who are just like them.
- (2:22) Questions you can ask yourself (and your best patients!) to better understand how your community perceives you.
- (4:22) A framework you can use to create your one-sentence elevator pitch about what you do, your niche, and your specialty.
- (7:05) How to take control of the narrative around your practice.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Check out Clinical Academy!! http://www.rondanelson.com/clinicalacademy
- TCE 004 – https://www.rondanelson.com/podcast/identify-your-niche/
Shareable“If your patients are your best advertisers, then by golly, that ought to be where you put your focus to make sure that they are representing you well in your community to their friends.” - Ronda Nelson Click To Tweet
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”