044: Why Having Core Values for Your Business is Essential
Many great clinicians struggle with the business aspects of their practice which is understandable. If you’d wanted to be a business guru, you would have opted for an MBA! But there are few things that are absolutely foundational for getting your practice/business off to a great start – and one of them is knowing your core values.
These are more than just a trite list you throw together just for the sake of it. When you have core values that reflect who YOU are as a person, they can actually become your guardrails and guiding principles for your practice.
Once you have those core values defined, you’ll be able to hire the right people that align with who you are and what your business is all about. And not surprisingly, your business will begin to flourish when each member of your team is focused on the same goals.
In this episode, I’ll share a few of my core values to help you get started. As you identify the core values that are important to you, you’ll see how they can make your practice more effective and even more profitable!
- (1:53) Why stellar clinicians often struggle with the business side of their practice.
- (4:30) Why customer service is one of the most important core values in my business.
- (6:35) Tips for framing core values of your own to improve the quality of your work, your team’s performance, and your overall customer satisfaction.
- (13:29) Tools that can help you create visuals for your staff to keep your core values top of mind.
Shareable“We are clinicians AND business owners. We have to have that entrepreneurial business-type mindset in order to really thrive.” - @DrRondaNelson Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”