042: Are You a Perfectionist?
Even if the people around you wouldn’t describe you as a perfectionist, there’s a good chance that you struggle with some form of perfectionism. (We all do…) If you don’t like doing things halfway, if you hate when mistakes are made, or get frustrated when things aren’t exactly as you want them, guess what – you just might be a bit of a perfectionist!
Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. However, perfectionism may be stopping you from getting your message out into the world. It can get in the way of serving our patients, families, employees, and teams. Trust me, my perfectionism almost prevented me from starting this podcast!
So today, I want to talk to you about the different ways perfectionism stops us from performing at our best. I’ll share some examples of how I got over my own fears, and hopefully help the perfectionist in you to feel authentic and show up in a big way – even if it’s not perfect.
- (3:56) Why perfectionism is just a different form of control and why it slows us down.
- (5:54) The link between perfectionism, fear, and our brain’s fight-or-flight response – and how I conquered this fear to launch this podcast.
- (10:30) Why I was so scared to launch a course in 2016 – and how I changed my mental game, leaned into the challenge, learned, and grew from the experience.
- (13:45) The beauty in getting out there, being vulnerable, and being yourself.
Shareables“Perfectionism, in many cases, is just a different form of control.” - Ronda Nelson Click To Tweet “If the people that you serve need to hear what you know, and you're not sharing it with them, then you're making it about you and not them.” - Ronda Nelson Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Connect with Ronda
Rate, Review and Subscribe
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Clinical Entrepreneur, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
Please also consider rating and reviewing my show on Apple Podcasts! Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can help even more clinicians build profitable practices—just like you! Be sure to leave an honest review and let me know what you loved most about the episode!
- Click here for Mobile, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and then select “Write a Review.”
- Click here for Desktop, select “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” see the Ratings and Reviews section, click to rate with five stars, and then tap “Write a Review.”