Create a Powerful 2022 Marketing Plan for Your Practice
I loooove the beginning of a new year. It reminds me of getting ready to start the new school year back when I was a kid. New grade, new things to learn, and new friends to make.
The thing was – my excitement for the new school year started long before that first day. It actually started a couple of weeks prior – during the back-to-school shopping season. I couldn’t wait to pick out my notebooks, backpack, and planner. I felt like I was on top of the world and set up for my best year ever. And it was all because I was prepared for it.
You might be wondering what this has to do with creating a 2022 marketing plan for your practice. Well, my friend, keep reading to find out!
The Benefits of Having a Marketing Plan For Your Practice
When I started my practice over 15 years ago, I had the same kinds of feelings as I did when I was a kid getting ready to start a new school year. Deciding what kind of new clothes I wanted, choosing the coolest lunch pail (definitely dating myself on this one!), backpacks, the usual school supplies, and all the rest.
Having everything in place well ahead of time somehow made me feel much more confident that things would go super well and I would for sure have an amazing year. And the same is true in business, especially when it comes to your marketing plan. Taking the time to acquire the necessary resources and then making a plan will help you feel so much more confident about the year ahead.
The more I planned, the better I did. It affected all areas of my business and life:
- How I served my patients
- The quality of my marketing
- I could even take a vacation – woot woot!
It even started improving the lives and practices of my clients in THEIR practices!
Here’s why creating a plan made all the difference in the world:
- It eliminated the guesswork. I knew exactly what to do and when to do it. I wasn’t flying blind.
- All I had to do was execute the plan. I saved sooo much brain energy by mapping it out once and then following through with it throughout the year.
- Setting goals increased the likelihood of me reaching them.
So, are you ready to create your 2022 marketing plan to grow your practice? Let’s do this, baby!
1. Decide Your 2022 Goals for Your Practice
If you need a little help with setting your goals, check out this podcast I put together around this time last year. In it, I share:
- How to plan out all the new initiatives and projects you have for the next year
- The commonly overlooked aspects of creating a knock-out calendar for your practice
- Pro tips on creating and executing a plan to reach your goals
Go give it a listen so you can start to map out your 2022 goals!
2. Support Your 2022 Goals With Your Marketing Plan
Marketing isn’t just cranking out social posts and sending out a newsletter all willy nilly. It’s waaaay more thoughtful and strategic than that.
Think through all the different ways you can tell the world (or your community) about your practice. This can include…
- Your content (blogs, emails, social posts, Lives)
- Your website and Google My Business (GMB) presence
- How and where you show up in your community
- Your relationships (with your patients, staff, other practitioners, and referral networks)
Start sprinkling in the different marketing initiatives in your calendar to support your overarching goals for 2022.
3. Decide Who Does What
Alright, now you have a list of all the goals, strategies, and marketing methods for your practice. Your list is probably looking pretty long by now. It’s time to do something really fun – decide what to delegate!
But what should you delegate?
Who do you delegate to?
How do you find this person and train them?
These are all great questions. Let’s break it down and make it super simple.
1. List out all the tasks it takes to run your practice.
Open up a Google Doc and start typing out every single task you can think of in your practice. Things like…
- Checking your email
- Sending patient appointment reminders
- Reordering supplements or essential oils
- Researching social media and blog topics
- Writing and scheduling your social media posts
- Attending your monthly networking meetings
- Attending yearly conferences
Type out as many things you can think of! That also includes initiatives you want to start up that don’t exist today. So, if you don’t have a monthly newsletter going right now, write down:
- Research and draft a monthly newsletter
- Load the newsletter into the email marketing system and schedule it out
Get as exhaustive as you can.
2. Print your list and grab a highlighter.
Go through line by line and highlight only the areas that absolutely need you. These are the tasks that could not happen without you. No one else could possibly do them. As a practitioner, these are things like:
- Meeting with your patients
- Creating your patient journey map
- Showing up live on social media
…and so on. Be very selective and only highlight the things that actually require you.
3. Decide which tasks can be eliminated or delegated.
You might notice that the highlighted list is pretty small compared to all the tasks on your list. That my friend should come as an incredible relief! This means that all the un-highlighted tasks are prime candidates for transitioning to a team member, virtual assistant, or marketing service.
For the tasks that can be delegated, you may need to put together some training material. This can be as simple as you opening up a Zoom meeting, sharing your screen, recording the training, and putting that in a training folder for onboarding. (I looove this idea because of just how much time it saves versus typing every piece of training out!!)
Whip Up Your 2022 Marketing Plan Before the Ball Drops at Midnight!
Imagine this time next year, and you’re looking back on 2022. Think of how much you’ll have grown and how proud you’ll feel for all that you’ve accomplished. (I can’t wait to celebrate with you! 🎉🎉)
It all starts with having a plan. For some, planning feels like second nature. For others, it can seem a little daunting. If you’d like, I invite you to set up time to connect with me.
My friend, I believe in what you do and the incredible heart you have to help your patients. You’re a rockstar practitioner, and your dreams are worth coming true. I’d love to learn more about you and get you ready to soar into next year with a kick-butt 2022 marketing plan!